Bakuchiol, a meroterpene, is a phenolic compound with a monoterpene side chain. It belongs to a rare group of terpenoids in which the aromatic ring system is derived from a phenylpropane unit.
It has no structural resemblance to retinoids, but has similar functionalities.
Bakuchiol helps control inflammation by inhibiting/down regulating pro-inflammatory genes and enzymes, to prevent collagen and elastin degradation; and the breakdown of skin’s barrier function.
Without this control, inflammation of the skin ultimately leads to a cascade of reactions that may erode the skin’s structure and cause deep wrinkles, hyperpigmentation and non-elastic tissues.
Bakuchiol has also been shown to be effective against multiple pathophysiologic features of acne.
It helps –
- Correct the altered pattern of follicular keratinization
- Decrease sebaceous gland activity
- Decrease the follicular bacterial population, especially P. acnes
We use 99.5% pure Bakuchiol, obtained from the edible seeds of Psoralea Corylifolia to directly act on –
- The causes of skin irritation and prevent breakouts & blemishes
- Prevent hyperpigmentation
- Promote hydration & moisturisation
- Reduce the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles
- Help heal and repair stressed & damaged skin